Contributing to San Francisco’s efforts to increase housing development and business activity in city neighborhoods, Nibbi Brothers completed the new Potrero Launch Apartments in the Central Waterfront area. The union-built development produced 196 rental units, created 200 union construction jobs a year for two years, and provides the City with needed housing, child care and commercial development.
The housing development is 255,000 sq. ft. and consists of 196 market-rate residential units, with 20 percent reserved for lower income households. The project is six stories of concrete with 2 levels of underground parking, and 4,400 sq. ft. of ground-floor commercial/retail space with a restaurant, a daycare center and Zen garden. In addition, the rooftop includes amenities such as a barbeque, hot tub and dog run. The project ties into the two existing historic masonry buildings along Third Street.
The project is pursuing LEED® Silver. Some sustainable building elements include:
- Flow restrictors on all faucets
- Photovoltaic panels
- Material for all cabinets and countertops free of added formaldehyde
- 75% of construction will be diverted
- Materials with low (VOC) volatile organic compound are used
- High efficient heating system
- Fully commissioned building systems, water efficient landscaping
- Development density requirements per LEED®
- Nibbi’s Indoor Air Quality Management Plan
- 2010 San Francisco Business Times Real Estate Deals of the Year Award