Achieving sustainability through innovative practices
Nibbi recently was awarded the new Family House @ Mission Bay, a project that has great meaning to us.
In fact, we are so excited about the project, we started a blog to chronicle the entire design, preconstruction and construction process. The blog is called Building Family House, and it can be found here. The architect is Leddy, Maytum, Stacy–with whom we’ve worked on multiple projects, including the award-winning Merritt Crossing in San Francisco, and Madison Apartments in Oakland, among others.
We invite you to check in frequently to learn about the project and its progress!
1. Family House provides free temporary housing to families of seriously ill children receiving treatment at UCSF.
2. The new Family House @ Mission Bay will have the capacity to serve 80 families, as well as house staff.
3. Amenities include a common kitchen, dining and living spaces, underground parking with lifts, a gym, and adult activity room, a children’s play area and a meditation room.
4. Outdoor amenities include an activity space with a basketball court and barbeque facilities.
5. Families and children who had lived in Family House provided their input on the amenities that would be meaningful to future families.
6. The new building will consist of four stories of wood-frame construction over a concrete podium.